About the Client
World Education Services (WES) is a non-profit organization focused on supporting international students and professionals in attaining their educational and career goals in the United States and Canada. As part of its services, WES provides credential evaluations to US and Canadian education, business, and government entities. To date, the organization has completed nearly two million evaluations for individuals around the world.
WES operates a portfolio of business-critical applications in the Cloud. These applications process a significant number of transactions daily and deliver critical services to the organization’s customers. WES was not satisfied with its incumbent co-location datacenter-managed service provider and recognized the need to migrate cloud operations to increase application robustness in a stable environment. The organization decided to migrate to Microsoft Azure and sought a technology partner to safely and securely execute the project.
WES engaged CloudView Partners to provide consulting, planning, and implementation services to ensure a successful migration.
CloudView experts conducted a multi-phase project focused on migration requirements:
- The discovery phase identified and interviewed key stakeholders, identified business and technical requirements related to the migration, and assessed the current state of applications tagged for Azure migration.
- In the design phase, CloudView created a design document that addressed all relevant criteria for a successful migration.
- CloudView used the approved design document and best practices to construct the Azure footprint in the build
- In the migrate phase, CloudView prepared a migration plan to serve as a roadmap for a successful migration to Azure that could also serve as a template for future migrations.
- The final phase, knowledge transfer, took place after the migration was complete. CloudView professionals conducted knowledge transfer sessions for WES staff that covered the foundation elements of the new Azure environment.
The WES migration from the co-location data center to the public Cloud was a key strategic initiative. The business application and client-serving website were business-critical assets. Migrating to the Cloud seamlessly and securely with no impact on business was the highest priority, and CloudView Partners achieved that goal. Cloud environment was designed and built per business and technical requirements with improved resilience and fault-tolerance. Performance and user experience were improved.
Migrating the business-critical applications and websites to the Cloud improved user experience and provided better control and manageability for the client. WES also gained the ability to scale capacity on demand and lower costs by using cloud-native DaaS services.